Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram
Part I - The Qabalistic Cross
1) Stand facing east. Visualize yourself getting taller and taller until the Earth becomes a tiny sphere at your feet. See the solar system swirling around you. Your feet are anchored to the Earth. From high above your head, you see a point of light coming toward you. Watch it until it becomes a sphere about the size of a dinner plate right above your head. It is bright white, an extreme, pulsating brilliance. Point to this sphere with the index or dagger and draw it down to the forehead (third eye area). Vibrate “AH-TAH.”
2) Bring the light down more, pointing first to the heart, then descending to the floor area. Hold the dagger pointing downward. Feel this shaft of pure light go down through the body into the earth below you. Vibrate “MAHL-KOOT.”
3) Bring the point of the dagger back up the body and then over to the right shoulder. Touch the right shoulder and visualize the beam of light running down the right arm and continuing on to the farthest reaches of the Universe. Focus on the beam of light and vibrate “VIH-GEH-BOO-RAH.”
4) Cross over to the left shoulder. Focus on the beam of light and vibrate “VEH-GEH-DOO-LAH.”
5) Clasp the hands to the chest, as if praying. (If using the dagger, the tip of the blade should be pointing up). Visualize within the chest at the top of the hands a brilliant golden glow. Vibrate “LEH-OH-LAHM, AH-MEN.”
You are now standing in the center of a cross of light that reaches to the ends of the Universe.
Part 2 - The Formulation of the Pentagrams
6) Clockwise, go to the eastern boundary of the circle. (If there’s not a great amount of space available, just turn in place rather than circumnavigating the area). Trace an Air banishing pentagram in the air before you, as pictured below. Draw it as perfectly as possible. Visualize it glowing in flaming electric blue light.
7) Inhale through your nose, visualizing energy entering your body with the breath. Make the Sign of the Enterer: Bring your hands up to the sides of your head and point both index fingers (and dagger, if you’re using one) forward. Step forward with your left foot and thrust your hands forward so that they penetrate the exact center of the pentagram. As you do this, use your entire exhalation to vibrate the God name “Yud-Heh-Vahv-Heh.” Picture the energy you inhaled shooting out your hands, through the pentagram and into infinity. Step back into place and bring your right index finger to your lips as if you're saying, "Sshhh." This is the Sign of Silence.
8) Keeping the arm extended, move to the south of the circle, (or pivot). Visualize the tip of the finger or dagger drawing a white line in the air, connecting the east pentagram to the south. Trace a fire banishing pentagram, and make the Sign of the Enterer while vibrating “AH-DOH-NYE” Step back into place and make the Sign of Silence.
9) Turn to the west, drawing your white line. Trace a water banishing pentagram and vibrate “EH-HEH-YEH”
10) Repeat as above, turning to the north, and tracing an earth banishing pentagram, but vibrate “AH-GLAH.”
11) Now turn back to the east, still drawing the white line, completing your circle. There should be now four flaming blue pentagrams sealed with names of God, blazing at the four quarters of the circle connected with a pure white light. Return to the center of the circle and stand facing east.
Part 3 - The Invocation of the Archangels
12) Extend arms straight to the sides, forming a cross. Visualize yourself as a white cross in the center of the Universe. Visualize before you a figure on a hill, dressed in yellow robes with some purplish highlights. The figure carries a caduceus wand and its robes wave in the wind. Feel a breaze coming from behind the Archangel. Vibrate, “Before me, RAH-FAH-EL.”
13) Visualize a figure behind you, in the west, dressed in blue robes with some orange highlights. The figure holds a cup and is surrounded by waterfalls or ocean waves. Feel the moisture in the air. Vibrate, “Behind me, GAH-BRAY-EL.”
14) To your right, visualize a figure dressed in red with green highlights. The figure holds in his hands a flaming sword. Feel the heat. Vibrate, “On my right hand, MEE-KYE-EL.”
15) To your left, visualize a figure standing on a fertile landscape, dressed in a combination of citrine, olive, russet and black. Fall colors. The figure holds some sheaves of weat. Feel the stability. Vibrate, “On my left hand, OHR-REE-EL.”
16) Stand with feet shoulder width apart and visualize another electric blue pentagram outlining your body. Vibrate, “For about me flames the pentagram…” Visualize a brilliant golden hexagram at your heart area. Vibrate, “…And in the column shines the six-rayed star.”
Part 4 - The Qabalistic Cross
17.) Repeat Part 1.