My Herb Drying Process Using the Oven
This process is quick and safe to use with most plants. Please check beforehand if your herbs are poisonous! If you can't eat it, then you can't dry it in your oven. You are essentially making potpourri with this process so it's gonna get a little stinky! Keep this in mind.
- Set your oven to a very low temperarure, around 180-200F/80-95C. The lower, the better.
- Using an oven-safe baking tray (I use a cookie sheet with a rim), lay out your herbs in a single layer.
- When the oven is ready, place your baking tray in the oven and let your herbs cook for about 10 minutes or until they're crispy to the touch.
- When your herbs are done, take out the tray and let them cool. Wait until they're room temperature before laying down your next batch of herbs.
- Repeat this process as many times as needed. Store your herbs in an air-tight container.